After almost 40 years the Upton Planetarium has received a much needed face lift in thanks to the generosity of the Upton Foundation and Steve and Elizabeth Upton. A newly painted dome, refurbished star machine, new seating and the latest in digital technology, lights and sound will amaze visitors.
With one of the largest full-dome show libraries in Michigan, the Upton Planetarium can be a great educational resource for your classroom. We offer a variety of shows to help support your science curriculum.
Contact Jenna Francis, at email@example.com or 269-926-3469, with any questions or to schedule a show.
Field Trips & School Tours
Your visit to the planetarium includes a full-dome program along with a short, age-appropriate tour of the current night sky. Our show time is 1:45-2:30pm, and shows are available January through May. We have 55 seats, which do include several that are wheelchair-accessible. The cost for a program is $75, which is due the day of your show. Checks may be made payable to St. Joseph Public Schools.
View Show Descriptions: 2017-18 Planetarium Show Catalog
2017/18 COMMUNITY DAYS:
- October 10th - The Little Star That Could (ages 5 and up, Click to view trailer)
- November 16th - Back to the Moon for Good (ages 9 and up, Click to view trailer)
- January 16th - Dark Star Adventures (ages 6 and up, Click to view trailer)
- February 12th - From Earth to the Universe (ages 9 and up, Click to view trailer)
- April 19th - Seeing (ages 9 and up, Click to view trailer)
ALL SHOWS WILL BEGIN AT 6:30 PM
CLICK HERE TO ORDER TICKETS ON-LINE!
Only $2.50 each. Limited number available per show.