St. Joseph Public Schools Transportation Office
Contact Transportation at (269) 926-3900
Or E-mail Sandy Kroening at email@example.com
Consider joining your Saint Joseph Transportation team.
We are looking to hire regular and substitute bus drivers for the upcoming year.
Training is provided. Please call or apply on our website.
Stop for School buses red flashing lights, it's the Law!
- These schedules are subject to change due to late enrollments.
- Students are asked to be at the stop closest to their home.
- Student must be at their bus stop 5 to 10 minutes prior to bus arrival.
- Kindergarten and Young Five students must have a parent/guardian visible at stop.
Click on a school below to view transportation details.
To the parents of children riding school buses:
The opportunity to ride school buses is a privilege. The cooperation and courtesy of children is necessary to assure that bus transportation is safe and efficient. The rules and regulations listed in this pamphlet are the results of a careful study based upon years of experience in the operation of our school bus system. Please review these rules with your children so they will know what is expected of them whenever they ride the school bus. Bus stops are reviewed annually.
Bus drivers are not authorized to make changes of bus stops without the prior approval of the Transportation Director. Please do not ask this of them. You are invited to call the transportation office when you have a question about the school bus services. The phone number is 926-3900.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Be on time at your designated bus stop. Drivers have a schedule to meet and cannot wait for tardy pupils. If the bus cancels its lights or pulls away, DO NOT CHASE THE BUS. This is how accidents happen.
- Cheerfully obey the bus driver’s instructions. Friendly, respectful people get along better.
- Students are expected to display good behavior while on the bus. Quiet conversation is fine. When approaching a railroad crossing, students are to be silent until the bus is safely across the tracks.
- Always remain seated while a bus is moving. It may be necessary to sit three to a seat. The driver may also assign seats.
- Wait until the bus has come to a complete stop before attempting to enter or leave the bus.
- Eating or drinking is not permitted on the buses except for special occasions approved by the driver.
- Musical instruments, books, projects or other personal items must be held by the owner or placed in a special seat designated by the driver if room is available. We encourage parents to transport on days large items must be taken to school.
- Stay off the roadways at all times while waiting for a bus. Form a single line and board the bus one at a time. Remember to respect the property of others while waiting for the bus.
- Hands and heads are to be kept inside the bus at all times. There will be no unnecessary disturbing noises or vulgar/profane language.
- Students are expected to get on and off the bus at their designated stops ONLY. A bus pass for the driver or a call to transportation is expected if it is necessary to get on and/or off at another location, even if it is on the same bus you normally ride. This practice is not encouraged due to the bus loads.
- When crossing, students must be 10 ft. in front of the bus, stop and look at the yellow paddle the driver holds in the window. When the driver shows the green side, students may then cross only in front of the bus. NEVER should a student cross the road behind the bus.
- Animals, glass containers and helium balloons, are not allowed on the buses.
- Students are expected to help keep the buses clean. Dispose of paper and other unwanted items properly.
- Students are asked to report any damage they see to the driver. Vandalism is a serious issue and will be address as soon as possible.
- Riders are expected to be considerate to all other passengers and to the driver at all times.
- Misconduct on the bus will not be tolerated. Drivers are in charge at all times and are required to report this behavior to building principals. Riding privileges may be suspended.
- Remember…school bus transportation is a privileged, not a right. Misconduct may result in the loss of this privilege.
RESPONSIBLILTY OF PARENTS
- Review bus riding rules with your child.
- Be sure you child arrives at his/her stop 5-10 minutes prior to bus arrival.
- Provide necessary protection for your child at the stop.
- Accept the responsibility of your child’s conduct at the bus stop and on the school bus. Remember: “Adults set the